Thomas Outreach Programme
As part of our Outreach work, we are able to offer TOP (Thomas Outreach Programme), a flexible intervention service for pre-school children with social communication or autistic spectrum difficulties.
- Where? We support the child to learn both in their home and pre-school right through to the first term of Year R.
- How often? Typically once a week.
- For how long? Each child is given an allocated amount of time, depending on their situation. This will be anywhere between 5-15 hours per week and includes paperwork, preparation and travel time for the TOP worker.
- Is it specific to them? Yes. All teaching intervention is tailored to meet the child’s individual needs.
- Do we need to have a diagnosis? No. Children do not need a formal diagnosis to be referred to this programme.
- How do we access TOP? Referrals can be made through a variety of health professionals (for example Health Visitors, Speech and Language Therapists), the Area Inclusion Officer or by contacting TOP staff direct.
How can you find out more about TOP?
Please contact Leanne Burton, our TOP Worker, for further details:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone - 01962 860393