Join our team
Make a difference to our children
Here at Lanterns Nursery School we recognise that our staff are our biggest asset; without their skills, experience and dedication to the early years sector we would not be able to fulfil our ambition for each and every child to achieve their full potential. We are always looking for passionate, playful, and inspiring early years staff to join our team.
Why you should choose Lanterns
Lanterns is a very special place. As an inclusive nursery, with resourced provision for children with special educational needs, we offer a unique opportunity for our staff to develop their skills and experience in the early years. A trauma informed approach underpins our curriculum, which offers forward thinking and research led teaching and learning in the early years. Staff attend regular training through our annual INSET days and have the chance to develop their skills in Makaton as well as a range of techniques (e.g. Attention Autism) that are designed to enable all children to engage fully with the curriculum.
As one of three Hampshire maintained nursery schools, we offer all our staff local authority pay conditions and access to the pension scheme.
Early Years Practitioner – Full-time, fixed term 31/08/23, term time.
Are you passionate about early intervention and making a difference to the lives of young children?
Are you creative and adaptable with the ability to use a range of approaches and strategies?
Are you playful, imaginative and engaging?
We have the job for you!
This role may be based in main nursery or within a class of children with social communication difficulties dependent on experience.
- Closing Date: 23rd November 2023
- Interview Date(s): 29th November 2023
- Job Start Date: 2nd January 2024
- Contract/Hours: Fixed term 31st August
- Salary Type: Support Staff
- Salary Details: Support Staff Grade C - £21,190 - £22,215 FTE, pro rata
- Hours of Work: Full time 8am to 4pm or 8.15 to 4.15pm Monday to Friday, term time
- Location of Role: Lanterns Nursery School, Winchester
- Contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will use a range of approaches, strategies and interventions to ensure that all children can access a developmentally appropriate curriculum
- You will support senior staff with planning and implementing an exciting child-led curriculum and learning experiences both inside and out
- To be motivated and playful, using your own initiative in order to engage and inspire children
- Good communication skills, an open mind and an
- To be adaptable, able to work within a large nursery team and a
- and a developing knowledge of how young children learn.
What more can we offer you?
- A Headteacher led OFSTED Outstanding (April 23) Maintained Nursery School – one of 3 in Hampshire
- Local authority pay conditions and local government pension
- Term time working
- Core hour working day – Full time hours of 8.00am to 4.00pm or 8.15am to 4.15pm Monday to Friday or sessional part time hours within this
- Fixed term contract for a year with potential for a permanent contract
- Inclusive Nursery with resourced SEND provision including autism, global developmental delay and profound multiple learning difficulties
- Thorough induction and fantastic CPD opportunities including the Lanterns approach to teaching and learning in the early years, Makaton, Attention Autism, communication and visuals, trauma informed practice, sensory processing
- Forward thinking approach to teaching and learning following current theory and the most up to date research and practice
- Opportunities to gain qualifications if desired
- Employee support including confidential counselling and health advice
- Family friendly policies
- Staff discount (Kaarp)
For more information and to request an application pack please contact email@example.com or call our friendly administrative team on 01962 860393.
Lanterns Nursery School & Extended Services and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.